Saturday, July 11, 2009

Helpful Information

We all wonder were we should go to find information and like most people you pull up Google and try to type in what you are looking for, however it is not always the greatest. I have tried to compile a few sites that will help anyone find HR information (Please realize that some of these sites are Utah specific):

www.SHRM.org(Society Human Resource Management): All HR professionals should know about this site and it can provide a lot of helpful information.

www.HR.Com: To be honest I haven't used this site a ton but I have been a subscriber to the magazine for years and have always loved the information and articles it produces.

www.HRMGuide.com: has some excellent HR information.

www.DHRM.Utah.Gov: If you ever need to know anything Utah law specific you can use this site, the only problem with it is like most Government sites it is not really user friendly.

www.YouTube.com: I know this sounds really stupid but if you ever need a job description and you are the type of person that likes visual display instead of reading it you can get some great information. I will post some of the videos in later posts to give examples.

www.DOL.gov: This site can give you a link to every states specific website to find out what laws apply. Like I said before the Government sites and be hard to navigate through so be careful on what information you use.

www.OSHA.gov: I know for a lot of HR professionals and pretty much anybody else that has not worked in the Safety and Compliance department of a company does not know much about OSHA. Unfortunately I worked closely with OSHA regulations for over 5 years in a Healthcare setting so I became really familiar with the regulations.


I know these few websites only touch the surface on how many sites are available but it is a good starting point and I will continously post new sites in the my future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment